Frequently Asked Questions
We offer a nutritious breakfast for all students who desire to eat breakfast at school. Students paying for their breakfast must pay as they go through the meal line. We serve breakfast between 7:15 and 7:40 a.m. Please view our district Child Nutrition page for more information about meal prices and menus.Back to Top
First period begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. We dismiss students at 3:05 p.m.Back to Top
Back to Top
We encourage parents to label all the items their children bring to school—book bags, coats, sweaters, notebooks, etc. We place all items found at school in the office. Students may check in the office to claim lost belongings. We reserve the right to discard unclaimed items after five days.
We require students who leave the campus for any reason during the school day to be signed out in the office by a parent, guardian, or someone else designated by the parent or guardian. Students who return during the school day must check in at the office before going to class.Back to Top
Back to Top
We believe that a neat and orderly appearance is essential to creating a productive learning environment. As such, we require students to adhere to the following regulations:
- We do not allow shorts to be more than four inches above the knee.
- We prohibit bare backs and bare midriffs.
- We do not permit tank tops or see-through blouses and shirts.
- At KMES, we do not allow clothing and accessories bearing obscene, suggestive, alcohol, or drug-related slogans or symbols.
- Students may not wear hats, gloves, headbands, headcovers, or sunglasses at school.
- Students must wear shoes at all times.
Please review the student handbook for more information about our dress code.